Friday, June 14, 2013

Spotlight: Hybrid's Tale - Transformation by Jessica Cage




Blurb:

Kendra is on the run from both the Vampires and Werewolves. The hybrid blood that pumps through her veins could mean the end of life as they know it. With both sides believing that the change occurring inside of her will me the end of civilization, she has no choice but to run and hide. Before she can confront the ones that hunt her, she must face the beast that dwells inside.

Author Links


 
Bio:

Born and raised in Chicago, IL, writing has always been a passion of mine. I dabble in artistic creations of all sorts but at the end of the day, it’s the pen that my hand itches to hold. I had never considered following my dream to be a writer because I was told "There is no money in writing." So I chose the path most often traveled. Now working at my day job in a law office, I look at my two year old son and ask myself, how will I be able to inspire him to follow his dreams, reach for the stars, if I never had the guts to do it myself. So here I am, age 25, unleashing the plethora of characters and their crazy adventurous worlds into the realm of readers. Hoping to inspire not only my son but myself. Inviting the world to tag along on my journey to become the writer I have always wanted to be.
 
Author Interview:

What inspired you to write your first book?

I have been writing for as long as I can remember. I even entered Young Authors a few times. I, like many other authors I, have a ton of notebooks filled with stories, ideas, characters, and just random thoughts that flow from my mind. But what really inspired, or pushed me to seriously write and publish my first book was my son. The knowledge of new life, created by me, well it lit a fire inside of me. I have said it before I will continue to say it, I am to inspire my son. I want him to follow his dreams and to do that, I feel it is my responsibility to chase after my own. My first book (which is currently under revisions and due to be re-release July 19th, my son’s birthday) is indeed my second child. Over the last 3 years I have watched it grow and transform into this amazing thing which I cannot wait to share with the world.
 
Name on entity that you feel supported you outside of family members.

I have received support from a lot of different places both online and off, but most recently, I would have to say it is the online community of authors, most of whom I have found via Facebook, who have inspired, encouraged and supported me. I think it is because they understand, like no one else can, the ups and downs that come along with this craft. This is not just what we do, it is who we are. Every word we write, it’s like a little piece of us. And we take those pieces and hand them over to you, the readers, and the world. Every day we put ourselves out there and some days are just not very kind to us. That is when we pull together. And I have seen it, we rally and lift one another up and it is the most amazing thing to experience. I believe that is what I was missing out on all this time, that aspect of community, family, and friendship. Because some days you will fall down, and yes, eventually you will pick yourself up because this is who you are and you can’t turn your back on it, but it makes it so much easier to get back to your feet when your peers are reaching out to help pull you back up.
 
How much of this book is realistic?

Very little, possibly none at all. It is after all about vampires, werewolves, witches and hybrids. Usually I can say a story has some piece of me, a bit of my own life intertwined within the pages, but Kendra’s world is very much her own. She is one of the few characters that simply came from her own self. I was just there minding my own business, living life, and there she was, demanding to have her story told.
 
What are your current projects?
My world is a madhouse right now. I am literally working on about 8 different things. But the top two right now are of course the revisions of my first book, book one of The High Arc trilogy, I am very excited for that. And book 4 of Hybrid’s Tale. There are so many other books and projects in the work that I am having a hard time keeping up myself. But I love the way things are moving, and I love that people are starting to take notice and actually follow along with me and my characters! 



 

No comments:

Post a Comment