Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Review: Addicted to You by Colina Brennan



Amazon Buy Link



Blurb:

When twenty-one-year-old Leah Carter's latest one night stand burglarizes her apartment, her roommate forces her to attend therapy for sex addicts. Leah insists she isn't a sex addict; she just doesn't do relationships. After all, sooner or later, everyone lets you down.

At first, the group sessions are little more than an education on how to be promiscuous. Until she meets the newest addict—blue eyes, killer body, and a smile that tempts relapse.

Psychology student Will McLean is posing as a fellow addict while researching a case study on unusual addictions. But the more he learns about Leah, the more certain he is that his desire to break through her walls and unearth her secrets has nothing to do with his assignment.

As the uncertainties spike alongside the sexual tension, the only thing Leah knows for sure is that falling in love would be disastrous. Too bad love might be one addiction she can't kick.

Alexis says:

“My name is Alexis, and I’m a romance/sex book addict”.  Fitting huh?  When I read the synopsis for “Addicted to You” I thought, “wow…a story about two sex addicts, this sounds like fun”.  What I didn’t expect was to fall in love with this book, it’s heart-warming, funny, steamy, and just all around fun.
Leah is a college student that substitutes sex from the loneliness she feels from the abandonment of her awful parents.  After one too many one-night stands and having her apartment burglarized from the last one-night stand, her roommate makes her attend 20 sex addiction counseling sessions.  At one of the last meetings, “Blue Eyes” aka Will walks in and completely throws a wrench into Leah’s life. Will makes her question her views on relationships and what she actually wants in life. 
Will…is just pure Scottish yumminess!  Unlike Leah, he is actually attending the sex addiction counseling sessions as a research project.  I have to admit, when he first introduced himself and why he was there, I laughed so hard I had tears. Will did carry some guilt as to how he would eventually tell Leah the real reason he was there.  He was also compassionate, funny, caring and just all-around great guy.
I admit, I kinda wish I could’ve been a fly on a wall at one of the counseling sessions. The older gentleman who was a complete pervert grossed me out and the over-sexed woman was just too much but in a “I can’t wait to see what comes out of her mouth next” sort of way. 
I also enjoyed the supporting characters, especially Elijah, Leah’s younger brother.  Also, Finn, Will’s friend and his romance troubles were very amusing!
I give this book 4.25 stars!


Author Links



No comments:

Post a Comment