Friday, April 11, 2014

Review: Capturing Peace by Molly McAdams



Coen Steele has spent the last five years serving his country. Now that he's back, he's finally ready to leave behind the chaos of the battlefield and pursue his lifelong dream. What he wasn't expecting was the feisty sister of one of his battle buddies—who has made it obvious that she wants nothing to do with him—to intrigue him in a way no woman has before.

Reagan Hudson's life changed in the blink of an eye six years ago when she found out she was pregnant and on her own. Since then, Reagan has vowed never to let another man into her life so that no one can walk out on her, or her son, again. But the more she runs into her brother's hot and mysterious friend, the more he sparks something in her that she promised herself she wouldn't feel again.

Can two people with everything to lose allow themselves to finally capture the love they both deserve?



Jamie says…

Well this was definitely a 5 star read! Molly really knows how to write a story, I would love to crawl into her brain one day just to see all the amazing characters she has in there!  This story was told in a Dual POV by Reagan and Coen.  This was a quick read but had some much in the short story that you will devour it very quickly!  Molly also knows how to make someone cry like someone is ripping out your heart... there isn't one book yet that I have read of hers that hasn't left a great impression on me or that I haven't cried in!  

Reagan is a young single mom who tries to deal with everyday life the way she feels is best for her son Parker.  She isn't interested in a relationship after a bad breakup with Parker's dad 6 and half years earlier.  But she doesn't realize no matter is she is ready for it all her thoughts of never loving anyone will be quickly thrown to the wind when she meets Coen.  Can she put her and her son out there and take the chance of getting heartbroken or will she retreat into her own life and her insecurities will destroy any chance of love??  

Coen he has been through hell while in the military but bides his time until he can finally be released so he can further his career with his passion for photographing others.  But his demons from being in the war have haunted him for years in turn has made it hard for him to care for anyone else or have a serious relationship.  What will happen when he gets released finally and his best friends sister immediately catches his attention.  He is so drawn to her and she helps with his demons but can he be the right man for her?  Could he be with a woman with a child that isn't his?  Or will his past demons keep him from living happily ever after with the only woman he has every truly felt this connection with?  

Can these two work together to Capture Peace in both of there lives?

Pick this up ASAP!! You won't regret it one bit!  Thanks for another great story! I can't wait for the next installment in this series.  

Coen -"You want to know why I want this?  Why the guy who thinks relationships are a waste of time wants the girl who's scared of them so goddamn bad?"  When I nodded, he swallowed hard and looked away for a few seconds.  When he finally looked back at me, his face was somber.  "Because I found someone who chases away my demons just by looking at me.  I had a girl more or less fall into my arms who can make me forget everything just by saying my name.  Why wouldn't I push for this?" 

Coen and Reagan- "No, I don't want you to leave.  I want to know why you're consuming me this way.  I want to know why you're all I can think about.  Why the thought of something happening to you, or you standing me up, can completely ruin me like this.  I want to know what it is about you that has me so fucking turned around for the first time in my life."

"I've avoided men for six and half years, Coen... what is it about you that has me anxiously waiting for a chance to be near you again?" "Everything about you scares me."  she admitted quietly.  

"I didn't mean to scare you, Reagan."

"What you can do to me....what you can do to Parker.  What letting you into our lives can do to us...that is what scares me.  You have the power to ruin him, Coen, and knowing that makes me want to grab Parker and run."




Molly McAdams grew up in California but now lives in the oh-so-amazing state of Texas with her husband and furry daughter. Her hobbies include hiking, snowboarding, traveling and long walks on the beach, which roughly translates to being a homebody with her hubby and dishing out movie quotes. When she's not at work, she can be found hiding out in her bedroom surrounded by her laptop, cell, Kindle and fighting over the TV remote. She has a weakness for crude-humored movies, fried pickles and loves curling up in a fluffy comforter during a thunderstorm...or under one in a bathtub if there are tornados. That way she can pretend they aren't really happening.

No comments:

Post a Comment