Saturday, October 11, 2014

4 Star Review - Apolonia by Jamie McGuire





4 Stars


Apolonia is a Sci-Fi novel with some romance mixed in. I was never a huge fan of paranormal books but I have loved every single book that Jamie McGuire has ever written. My love for Jamie's books began with Beautiful Disaster and even though Apolonia is not a book I would normally read I was very glad I was able to go outside the box and experience this wonderful story.

Rory Riordan lost all her family in a horrible tragedy. She has survived for the last two years all by herself but just barely. She pretty much keeps to herself and tries to push away anyone that tries to get close to her. She goes to college and is an assistant to Dr. Z her professor and old family friend. She loves to help Dr. Z and gets very upset when she finds out that he has found another student to assist him and she must work side by side with him. She feels very drawn to Cy but thinks he is up to something and doesn't trust him.

Benji has been the only person that Rory has really let get close to her since the tragedy she went through.  She doesn't treat him very well but Benji will take Rory any way he can get her. As time goes on Rory finds herself getting closer with Benji and might even be falling in love with him. Benji thinks there is something very suspicious about Cy and doesn't like Rory spending every night in the lab with him. You will be on Team Cy or Team Benji?

Cy gets taken part way through the book and this is when things really get interesting. Rory finds herself not knowing which of her so-called friends to trust. She feels that the fate of the world lies in her hands and she must make the right decision to save those closest to her.

"I needed to believe that what had happened to my parents and Sydney happened for a reason. I needed to believe that they were taken, and I was spared to fulfill some purpose, that the universe needed to leave me here, emotionally crippled and alone in my pain. And as crazy as it sounded, I believed Cy played a part somehow."

Apolonia will suck you in from the very beginning. I loved all the twists and turns that the story took. They definitely kept me on the edge of my seat. Just when I thought I had everything figured out Jamie would add in another twist. I fell in love with all the characters in this book and at times felt like I was right there with them in the story. I look forward to see what Jamie is working on next.

~~Sarah~~








No comments:

Post a Comment