Monday, November 3, 2014

RELEASE DAY BLITZ AND REVIEW: NOCTE BY COURTNEY COLE

Everyone has secrets.
Today, you find out mine.

NOCTE-releasegraphic-V21-600px

NOCTE is here. Get it: Amazon - iBooks - B&N - Kobo
Add it on Goodreads

NOCTE-cover-300px


My name is Calla Price. I’m eighteen years old, and I’m one half of a whole. My other half--my twin brother, my Finn--is crazy.

I love him. More than life, more than anything. And even though I’m terrified he’ll suck me down with him, no one can save him but me.

I’m doing all I can to stay afloat in a sea of insanity, but I’m drowning more and more each day. So I reach out for a lifeline.

Dare DuBray.

He’s my savior and my anti-Christ. His arms are where I feel safe, where I’m afraid, where I belong, where I’m lost. He will heal me, break me, love me and hate me.

He has the power to destroy me.

Maybe that’s ok. Because I can’t seem to save Finn and love Dare without everyone getting hurt.

Why? Because of a secret.

A secret I’m so busy trying to figure out, that I never see it coming.

You won’t either.

REVIEW:

5 + stars

While reading Nocte I was on the edge of my seat. I didn't want to put it down. I couldn't even pull myself away long enough to prepare dinner.

Ms. Cole has written a novel so full of secrets, romance, angst, and darkness I wasn't sure I'd be okay when I finished it. I'm still not sure I'm okay. This whole story revolves around secrets. Not just one but several. I tried my damnedest to figure them out and had half a dozen theories running rampant but none were spot on. I remember in my English and literature classes we were taught about foreshadowing and you can imagine all you want but your wildest scenarios will fall short of the magnificence that Courtney twisted all through this book. I was fully shocked when one secret was revealed and yet another was thrown at us.

Calla Price is an 18 year old girl who's reeling from terrible tragedies that she's had to endure. She is trying her best to hold onto the little sliver of normalcy and sanity that she still has all the while she's trying to take care of her mentally ill twin brother - the other half of herself, Finn, she helps get him to his therapy classes, keeps him from spiraling into a dark abyss, and is getting herself ready to move away for college.

Call has learned to keep all of her feelings and grief bottled up way down deep inside of her. She can't bare her feelings to the world because if she did then who would take care of Finn? Finn is a troubled young man who's living inside his head. He's hearing voices and keeping secrets and is barely hanging on to this world. No one can understand him like Calla does. There's not one other person in his life that can keep him from drowning into that abyss. Calla is his only life line to the real world. We get to experience life from both of their point of views in the book and let me tell you, it'll give you goosebumps.

While dealing with her issues of guilt, Finns issues of sanity, and her dads abandonment issues, Calla meets Dare. She's immediately drawn to him and his dark as night eyes. We learn early on that Dare has his own share of secrets and Calla just gets drawn in more and more everyday. Who is Dare and what is going on with him?? Dare is a very troublesome character. He almost seems bipolar. One minute he's sweet and gentle and the next he's punching the barn and is cruel and mean.

While Finn closes in on his jumping from sanity to insanity point, Calla begins to question her own sanity. Is she going crazy too? Does she really believe all that Dare tells her? Does she discover her brothers secrets in time to help him? Does Dare ever reveal his secret?

This is a very thrilling psychological read. It's not what I was expecting at all. There are so many twists and turns that it will keep you on the edge of your seat. Get ready for a thrill ride. This book will take you on one for sure.






NOCTE is here. 



Find Courtney Cole: Website - Newsletter - Facebook - Twitter


NOCTE-trailer

Save me, and I'll save you.

No comments:

Post a Comment