Monday, November 17, 2014

Review: What Lurks in the Dark by JL Drake


Synopsis:

He was a hunter, a killer, a psychopath. He was always watching and waiting for the perfect moment to strike. 

She was his greatest obsession. 

Pushing through her past, Emily McPhee was finally where she wanted to be. She had pulled straight A’s, had a home in southern California, money, and a great group of friends. 

One night her stalker decided to make his move and everything changed. 

Now, fighting to get back to what she once had, Emily must deal with more than just this psychopath, but also with her self involved mother and her one true love that’s pulling away. 

How hard would you fight the darkness that’s threatening to take over your life? 


Amazon:  
http://www.amazon.com/What-Lurks-Dark-J-L-Drake-ebook/dp/B00KVIU0OM/ref=sr_1_1?s=digital-text&ie=UTF8&qid=1416261158&sr=1-1&keywords=what+lurks+in+the+dark

Goose bumps raced over me as I desperately felt around the edges of the door, clawing at the wood next to it, trying to find a way out. I heard a sound and found a set of eyes staring back at me from a Judas hole. 

–From What Lurks In The Dark





Review:


What Lurks in the Dark - JL Drake

4 stars

So normally I don't read the thriller/suspense books but this book - oh my! But after I started it I just couldn't put it down (I really needed to); I had to know what was coming next. 

This is Jodi's first novel and she certainly gets it. The plot was constantly moving along with twists and turns that kept me on the edge of my seat. Along with the suspense and the thriller side of it there's also a touch of angst because of all the "Yep that's not happening tonight" for Seth and Emily but it keeps the storyline flowing. 

So, I hear tell there's a second book to come and I can't wait for it! Great first novel Ms. Drake! ❤️❤️







No comments:

Post a Comment