Sunday, May 24, 2015

JESSICA 4 STAR REVIEWS: OUR CHANCE BY BRANDACE MORROW

Our Chance Release Day



                         OCebookBook Title: Our Chance
Author: Brandace Morrow
Genre: Military Romance/Contemporary (Novella)
Release Date: May 22nd, 2015
Hosted by: Book Enthusiast Promotions


Goodreads Button with Shadow


Book Blurb

You know those fights you have in high school with your sweetheart? The earth shattering variety that changes everything? I instigated one, and it started me on a course that would change the rest of my life.
After seeing Brody with so many girls, I turned to Sebastian --the new kid in town-- to help me forget. When he enlisted after graduation, I married him. Then one day a knock on the door changed my world.

I stayed in that little Army town in Alaska for five more years, sleeping in our bed, washing our dishes in the same house that he last walked out of, until my gran called me home.

Imagine my surprise when the first thing I see after stepping out of my minivan, is Brody Denton.



REVIEW:

JESSICA'S 4 STAR REVIEW:


“We’ve always belonged to each other, even when we were with other people. It just wasn’t our time yet.”

I absolutely loved this book, it was sweet and endearing with a little touch of steam thrown in here and there. You don’t often experience a love like Brody and Juliet but then to have a second chance at it when you thought that love would only ever exist in your past it solidifies the true meaning of soulmates.
Juliet is once again starting a new life even though it kinda seems like she’s done that repeatedly over the last 11 years. This time she is going back to where it all began and finally returning home after running from this very place so many years before. But she is not the same Juliet that ran off without ever looking back, now she is a widow with three children to care for and an enormous amount of emotional baggage. She struggles with uprooting her kids and also with the guilt of returning to the place that holds all of her happiness but also remembering the reasons and events leading up to her leaving it all behind.

“Yes, I want your love, and you give me more pleasure than I can stand. You make me feel beautiful.”

Then you have Brody who has consciously and unconsciously loved Juliet throughout his whole life. It seems as if he has put his life in a holding pattern without even realizing it when he learns she has been widowed.  Sure enough his “waiting game” pays off when she returns home and in that moment he knows that she will always be the one for him, but he can’t rush things because she is not the same girl he loved so many years ago.

 “You’re my end, Juliet. You’re it. Yes, I have loved after you, and I may well have to love again. But I’ve loved you my whole life, and all of the times in between. Even when I didn’t want to.”

This is the first book in what the author appears to be making into a series. I love that it was complete but at the same time left you with a few subtle questions that you want answers to but not a cliffhanger. I loved the transition from friends to lovers again and also incorporating the children into their relationship. Brody adapted so well to the kids and it really melted my heart that he put their feeling first and was so willing to do anything to help ease them into all the changes happening in their young lives. I highly recommend this book and can’t wait to read then next one to find out where she takes the story next.





Teasers

our chance
ourchanceteaser1


ourchanceteaser2


ourchanceteaser3a


playlist



Meet the Author



profilepic2I am a full time mom of four, and stationed overseas with my sexy soldier. My current obsessions are Maroon 5, rum and coke, and reading in no particular order. Despite being terribly awkward with social media, I'm everywhere. Frequently subjecting the public to pictures of my minion's messes, and everything that is Momdom in my house.







Social Media
\

twitterFacebookpinterestinstagramGoogleGoodreadsTSU



Buy the Book


OCebook
amazon usamazon UKamazon canada
Also Available
Ranchero six
amazon usamazon UKamazon canada
Giveaway

BEPRectangle

No comments:

Post a Comment