Monday, August 8, 2016

Shannon 5 Star Review - It Ends with Us by Colleen Hoover

It Ends with UsIt Ends with Us by Colleen Hoover
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

It Ends with Us – Colleen Hoover
5 Life Shattering Stars

Amazon Kindle: http://amzn.to/2b1Fdeg

Amazon Paperback: http://amzn.to/2aJSne4



It’s going to be hard to write a review without telling you the who’s, the how’s, and more importantly the why’s. I’ve ugly cried reading before – mostly CoHo books but this book was more than an ugly cry. I couldn’t catch my breath but I couldn’t stop reading either.

I didn’t read the blurb, I didn’t read a review, I didn’t participate in any reading groups. I went in completely blind. This story is so compelling, so real, and potentially life changing. You start out in this place of calm, cute first encounters, and the possibility of happiness and then Colleen Hoover being the evil genius she is, takes our happiness, twists it into something dark and vicious, and destroys our hearts.

We meet Lily, we meet Ryle, and then we meet Atlas. We know Lily is kick ass. We know Ryle is a hard worker. We know that Atlas stole Lily’s heart as a young girl but that was years ago. This isn’t a love triangle. It’s not all hearts, rainbows, and unicorns. We all know love is hard; it’s difficult at times. But how we handle those difficult moments can define us and our relationships for the rest of our lives.

I am not going to give you any pertinent information except this: devote a whole day to this book, another couple days for the hangover that’s sure to come. Be ready for a blindside. Be prepared for the ugliest, snottiest, and most heart breaking cry you’ll ever encounter while reading a book. Be fully prepared to hurt and be prepared to pick up the thousands of pieces of your heart to begin the healing process. Always, I mean always, remember – “We’re all just people who sometimes do bad things”.

I will be generous enough to give you some of my favorite quotes that won’t give you any spoilers.

~~ “You said you were like a drug. But you failed to tell me you were the most addictive kind.”

~~ “Fifteen seconds. That’s all it takes to completely change everything about a person. Fifteen seconds that we’ll never get back.”

~~ “What determines a person’s character aren’t the mistakes we make. It’s how we take those mistakes and turn them into lessons rather than excuses.”

~~ “But no matter how different the substance of a love might be at different ages in a person’s life, I know that love still has to weigh the same. You feel that weight on your shoulders and in your stomach and on your heart no matter how old you are.”



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment